Thursday, March 31, 2011

And Flowers too..

Spring brings lots of lovely flowers, baby ducks, and good sunshine till 7 pm.

Yay! to the Sun who decided to be around us till 7 pm. I tried to make the bestest use of it.

It has been raining and pouring for so long here - that I dont even remember for how long this rain was going on. I had almost forgotten and given up taking pictures of some flowering trees of the spring. All those flowery trees were gone past the flowering period and has even got leaves now, but I have not yet taken one single picture this year. I just kept watching them bloom, wither and shoot up with new leaves, without a fine time to pull out my camera.

But then atlast, there was one last bunch of bloomers - late bloomers especially for me in a car parking lot on the way to Sujaya's school. So went there on the golden hour - the last one hour before sunset, and managed to get a few pictures.













I have missed a beautiful yellow flower field ( mustard - I am not sure), right in front of my eyes. I had set an eye on for a shoot with Sujaya, but because of this rain, I was so badly held back, I missed it blooming yellow and turning green right there - in front of my eyes, in matter of 10 days! I have marked this spot for next year :)

And on the camera settings:
Lens : Canon EF 50mm
Aperture:  From 1.8 to not more than 3.5
ISO : 200 , 400 for shady spots.

The Lower aperture helped me get the beautiful white flower bokeh. I did not get this result last year when I did with the kit lens, f 4 or 5.6

Also did a basic editing of adjusting the contrast, warming up the pictures to add more yellow to the setting sunlight and needless to say some cropping and color boosting with Photoshop CS4.

And one more - that says we had lots of rain. Mosses on a tree branch.



Happy Spring!!! Let the Sun shine every where and on everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment