Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring brings Ducklings!

Spring is here, spring is here, spring is - spring is - spring is -- here - ATLAST!!!

Spring brings, baby leaves, lots of flowers, rain, tweeting birds and DUCKLINGS!!

I just spotted a cute little bunch of ducklings, dutifully and submissively following the mama duck. (How I wish I had a well behaved child like that).

To capture decent shots of the ducklings I cant go near them with their over possessive mama around so 55-200 mm was the only choice, in which the f stop doesnt go beyond 4.6 or sometimes 5.6, and what am I supposed to do with that f# and an OVERCAST day?! Huh!

But we were lucky - super lucky, that the moment I came out with camera, the sun started to shine - for one blessed hour just enough time to take some pictures of the ducklings - the little darlings.

The mama duck took them all into the pool and the babies didnot know how to climb out of the pool. So they kept swimming the whole stretch of the pool - up and down. And yes, they were taking their swimming lessons in the swimming pool.

But certainly the ducklings WERE squirmier than Sujaya - they wont stay still for a second to lay my focus on, let alone click them. They kept quacking and swimming and wiggling, and they were more restless because, they were not able to come out of the pool. All the "young ones" be it mine or the ducks, are the same - difficult to get a decent picture of! And to my side was Sujaya, starting to fuss and complaint about the ducklings not playing with her.   She had a serious heart break, when they didnot come to play with her after she called them out several times.

And for these pictures I have used the photoshop CS5 for post processing. I dint do much of editing, since I dint know much with photoshop. I just did basics like tweaking the brightness, contrast, cropping  and tried my level best to pull of some color of the blue pool to make it look natural.

So here are some pictures of the ducklings.













SPRING HAS SPRUNG! ATLAST!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment