Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Valentine's Day

Wish You All A Very Happy Valentine's Day.

I know its been more than a month and the wishes very very belated. :)

And some of the pictures that I had taken for the Vday, of Sujaya are:




















It was a fun shoot. First of all, Sujaya was so very happy and excited to see her candy/lollipop.

She started talking, instead of eating or licking it, which I did not expect. She started off with describing the shape, color, patters, then continued with whom she was going to share it and so on, which made the shoot really really complicated.  Since I was using flash, the camera was not ready whenever I wanted to click a decent moment. And Sujaya would not co-operate when the camera was ready, which made things really tough.

The set up was, a basic white bedspread on the back which also extended on the ground, and kid sized natural color chair. I didnot use a bit of natural light also, since I had previously decided on using the camera flash. So I dint want to combine natural and the flash light.

The only light source for these pictures are, 0 indoor lights, 0 sunlight or anything, but the camera flash light.  But I had used the light scoop only. And I actually love the reflection of the light source in her eyes which many pros talk as a + for portraits.

But since the indoor paint is kind of yellowish I had corrected the actually too warm pictures to make them look neutral or bit cool. Some of them are too blueish which I know, I had left them as such, since converting them to make them warm didnot look well with the skin tone.

I had used the Canon EF 50mm lens, which is the best and versatile. I chose this for various reasons:
1. I was shooting indoors- meaning poor light. 50mm keeps it simple even without external flash , since it opens wide (1.8)
2. For portraits, 50 mm or even 35 mm are preferred than the regular kit lens.

But sure did I have some difficulty with this, considering, Sujaya was the subject. It doesnot zoom in/ out , so I had to step back and forward, (or scoot back and forth in this case, considering her height) to compose the picture.

Had kept the ISO at 200, Shutter speed at somewhere 120-160, and for aperture - made the best use of the 50mm, I used, 1.8F.

It was just not easy to make her sit in a place at all. She kept running to me saying, she  was a big girl now and wants to share her lollipop with mommy. Ah !! Mommy's perfect Valentine - I know.

Lots of Love!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment