Saturday, December 15, 2012

5 Days of Exotica!

5 days of exclusive love affair with the weather, nature, camera and needless to say the family time. Sharing a bunch of pictures from a recent trip to Maui, Hawaii.

First off, thanks to my husband who did a small research and found out Maui is the scenic island loved most for photographies than other island and we narrowed down on this.

Second off, decided to borrow two lenses, for the trip and left back the basic lens, since I knew I wont be using it as much. Would never regret the decision. It was a little less burden on my shoulders.

Had a variety of subjects to shoot a wide variety, to learn, explore and practice. Had earlier made a list of "to try shots" , in which missed a bunch while I still was satisfied with the unplanned shots that I got.

New love: Lensbaby Composer. Definitely a hard one on my eyes. It is very hard to do manual focusing with my eyesight. And with lensbaby, I felt I dint utilize it to the best since it was all manual focus. But this was very great for longer aswell close up shots of a busy street or a flower. Loved it and would certainly borrow this one more time, provided I practice well and master the skill of manual focusing.

Some pictures that I like the most out of lensbaby composer:






Lensbaby when pointed on a crowded subject like the lavenders, it gives a scattered effect in place of the bokeh which looks lovely than the regular bokeh I would have gotten with my 50 mm lens.

It is also known for zoom burst effect and for producing miniature scenes. A couple of tries on that:



They were just a few yards away yet they appear like lego mini figures!

And some beach sunset shots didnot come with the actual sun since it was a cloudy day but with the beautiful hues of the sunset sky.






The sunset hues from beach with Lanai in the background; with longest allowed exposure to make the water look dreamy. Worth all the risk that we took - it was totally isolated beach on an isolated place and had not a lot of people except a handful who left well before sunset. My heart started racing as darkness started to grip in. But now, I feel it is totally worth. 

Bonus shots that I dint miss to get with the beach wedding that was going on and while the groom and the bride were posing for their photographer:




Used slow shutter speed at various points to get various results:



And few more:









It was a great place to play around with my camera, good that all the cribbing from me for carrying the camera bag + tripod all the way up and down the trails and everywhere else paid back. But again, I have always felt I could have done better and feel sorry for having missed the sunset/sunrise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment