Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Holiday Shoot!

To put it plain and simple : not one single thing that I wanted went well. But love the outcome still.

I wanted to try the home-made beauty-dish to put up on the flash. I tried, but I wasnt happy with the results. The image quality wasnt bit close to what it was on the site.

Wanted to have shaped bokehs in the portrait. I know I was highly ambitious that too with my little model to do manual focusing with the shape making paper. Sadly I failed in cutting out a shape on first place. I tried several times but in vain. Not one try gave me the perfect size and shape.

Wanted to use the flash and not the light-scoop. Again, I couldnt put up the setting properly with flash to capture the background but only light-scoop  could do that.

Most of all, my ever-so co-operative little model, who was tired. Biggest mistake. Made me decide, no more evening sessions. Nothing after 2 pm. This time, begging wont work, bribing failed miserably and wish I had known a couple more tricks.

Some pictures (actually a lot of take-outs):



The 3 of the above pictures are when my tricks worked. And then...

... started the smile strike. She decided she was done smiling for the camera and then ...

... "I dont care what you do with your camera. I am not even looking at it anymore" ...

... and then with a little bit of success to lighten her mood, she wont stop talking...


... and eating up her prop ( candy cane). I now know that was a wrong choice of prop to give in her hand and ask her smile with it but not eat it! 

And then some more talking and then... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! 

3 comments: