Monday, December 10, 2012

My First Maternity Shoot

Getting back after a very long time.

Finally my camera focused on some one else other than my own family! Got to shoot some maternity pictures of the beautiful and heavily pregnant friend of my mine.

They are simple maternity pictures taken at home with brown and white backdrops. Had always dreamt of doing an outdoor shoot, but when the moment came, I was more than happy that the weather didnot co-operate much. Because, I had by that time started to panic about embarrassing myself with a new person in front of my camera and going outdoors is nothing but multiplying and risking myself with several other uncertainties. That is the same reason for having not gone for couple's shoot but only the mommy-to-be shoot. Again, I wanted to keep the audience minimal to view me getting embarrassed. 

Not a lot of picture details, since they are all straight forward, without a lot of complicated settings and minimal post processing. Just that the negative space around the subject has helped so much. So the pictures are coming out straight:










But by the end of session or to say, even when the session started, I didnot feel the anxiety anymore. Except I started getting greedy about not being able to go out for an out door shoot! 

2 comments: