Saturday, January 22, 2011

10 Best Pictures of 2010 - from me.

Here I am compiling 10 pictures that I like the most, or the ones that are close to my heart, that I took in 2010.

Pretty late with the list, but better late than never. I just got a chance to look at the pictures that I took last year and I barely got a handful for the list, since I turned in to the worst critic ever for my own pictures, and not many were good to my eyes. Hope to improve the quality and style of photography this year.

Technically, its just a few months more than an actual year that I have been roaming around with a DSLR. Say from Nov 2009. And I can account the first 2 months towards "getting a hang of " my Canon Xsi. So, 2010 was my first year and so compiling doesnt make much of sense ;)



This is  very close to my heart. It was taken in a park when my daughter and my husband  were playing or when my husband was teaching my kid to walk on a bar. Lovely evening and lovely moments.



My very first attempt at capturing a flying bird. It was just not easy - but one thing to feel happy about is, it was a remote place with absolutely no one other than my family, which gave me enough courage and confidence to practice without feeling shy.



Beaches and waves have always been my favorite, and this picture is so special to me just the way a beach is.



My first ever attempt on macro. It was fall and I was stuck at home. How else to capture the colors of fall? So on one fine afternoon, a bunch of colorful leaves, macro ring and natural sunlight gave this shot.



A very normal waterfall in a small theme park, with slow shutter speed and little bit of steadier hands.



My little Suji. I like this picture, since I tried it from a different angle and wow, I tried it, I caught the beauty of her eyes so well and the light source (from sky) is reflected in her eyes which is a plus in portraits, I think.



This was on my kitchen counter on a rainy bored afternoon, in artificial light, while I was still cooking some Peas Curry.



Again on a rainy bored afternoon, and again on my kitchen counter, with no natural light.



When you absolutely run out of subject and very badly want to take a picture of something.



Dandelions- my long time "to try list" topper, under a macro lens.

A lot of them are taken from the kitchen counter, or at my living room (macros), and not many are outdoors, since we went out a very few times last year, since Sujaya was still young.

But hoping to take and practice some landscapes and more outdoor pictures this year. S.M.I.L.E.S

No comments:

Post a Comment