Thursday, January 6, 2011

Flowers - where are you?

Flowers were gone on a vaccation for this season of winter and rain.

I was so very tempted to take a macro of a flower, but to my surprise, I wasnt able to find interesting flowers anywhere near by.

All I found was this little white flower- whose name I am yet to find out. I wish it had some color in it, rather than plain white. It looks awesome as it is, but for a macro, which I wanted to attempt, I wish it had some more colors that would reflect in the picture. So I added a leaf or two, to the sides to get some "background" and had set the entire setup on a yellow piece of cloth.

Now I should mention about this yellow cloth - it was my daughter's shirt, so she came around every time and kept pulling saying it is her shirt. It was more fun. :)

Some of the pictures turned out well and with a little bit of editing, I got them fixed. The macros of a beautiful white flower.



This crystally texture really amazed me and still amazes me every time I look at this picture. I was excited to see the texture and the unexplored beauty of this tiny little flower, through the macro lens. I know I am going to put so many more things under the macro lens in the forth coming days to actually KNOW it or SEE it.


The super-cute tip of the flower.


The inside swirl.


The glassy porous delicate petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment